“I was often called to family disturbances with kids acting out and parents pleading for help. ‘Where do I go?’ ‘How can I get help?’ We’ve always had New Morning to send them to. They have always been there.”
– Jeff Neves, Retired Sheriff, El Dorado County
In 1996, New Morning was providing services to less than 500 youth each year. Ten years later, our services reached nearly 2,000 youth. We are simply out of space. By expanding the Counseling Center itself to double its current size, New Morning will be able to expand its services, including Youth and Family Counseling, Early Childhood Counseling, and Parent-Child Interactive Therapy.
New Morning can help…
- Provide a safe place to talk about what you are feeling and explore what is happening in your life.
- Give support when your relationships with family or friends seem unhealthy, hurtful or out of control.
- Generate confidence when you feel bad about yourself or feel isolated from your friends, family and community.
- Explore options when you need help with alcohol or drug prevention or rehabilitation.
- Promote empowerment when depression and anxiety become unbearable.
- Provide alternatives when you think suicide is a way out of life’s problems.
- Or offer safe shelter when you are thinking of running away.
New Morning Counseling Services
New Morning therapists are trained and dedicated professionals, holding licenses as Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Clinical Social Workers, available to provide individual, family, and group counseling to help you, your parent, your child, or your friend.
It is our philosophy to provide our services regardless of ability to pay, but in order to do this, we rely on community support.
Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, Accel, and most private insurance programs are accepted.